Portmeirion Group Designs LLC and its affiliates in the U.S. (“we”, “us” or “our”) are committed to respecting your privacy and appropriating managing the personal data we have collected from you or that you have provided to us.
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Data that you provide by filling in forms on our website at www.portmeirion.com and any other website operated by or for us for the United States (“our website(s)”). This includes information provided at the time of registering with our website, placing orders and upon submitting comments.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our website and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Records of correspondence if you contact us.
- Details of your visits to our website. We may also collect other information including, but not limited to, your IP address, traffic data and location data.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Data that you provide when you request to receive catalogues, or when you enter contests, sweepstakes or promotions.
- Records that we maintain of the items you purchase from us.
The personal data provided to us may include your name, postal address, telephone number, email address, credit card information, your date of birth, product preferences as well as other personal information.
You are not required to provide any personal data to us, but we cannot process your order for products or send you communications and you may not be able to access our offers or enter into our promotions.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system, browser type and the country and telephone area where your computer is located. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
To opt out of accepting cookies, you can generally set your browser to not accept cookies or to provide a pop-up notice to you when you are sent a cookie, so you can decide whether or not to accept it. Please know that deleting or disabling cookies will impact your ability to use certain features of our web site.
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY
Our web site is offered to the general public. If you are under 13 years old, we do not allow you to register with us. We do not market or send emails to anyone who tells us that they are under the age of 13. Children under the age of 13 should always ask their parents or guardians for permission before accessing our website.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the United States. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the United States who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of your order, the processing of payment details and the provision of support services.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be processed by us or a third party supplier that is providing these services to us.
Where we have given you, or where you have chosen, a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We may combine your personal data provided online with data you provide to us in our stores or through our catalogues. Additionally, your personal data may be added to other information about you available from public sources, as well as information shared with us by any partners. We combine the personal data in order to better inform you about products and services that you may be interested in and to provide you with more personalized service.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use reasonable security procedures and features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To process your orders and carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you require from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- If you are an existing customer or we have a business relationship with you, we may contact you by email or SMS (“Electronic Means”) with information about our goods and services.
- If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please click the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates in the U.S. or to our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries in the United Kingdom.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we engage a third party to perform certain services such as processing credit card payments, shipping, IT, managing contact information and promotions. We will provide the third party with the information needed for them to perform services for us and require them to adhere to privacy practices that are consistent with ours.
- Your personal data may be shared with our affiliates, including those in the U.K.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our website Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety or the rights, property or safety of our affiliates, our customers, our employees or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data or by replying to a promotional e-mail with the word "unsubscribe" in the subject line. You can also exercise the right at any time by e-mailing the Customer Service department at firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling us on (888) 778-1471 between 9.00am and 4.30pm (Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays).
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATIONM
You have the right to access information held about you to review it or correct any errors.
The Customer Service department, who can be contacted by e-mailing email@example.com, or calling (888) 778-1471 between 9.00 am and 4.30 pm (Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays). Please note that all calls made from US or Canadian landlines will be charged at your standard landline rate. Mobile phone and international call charges will vary.